Creme - Review - Port Melbourne

Is it just me or is Port Melbourne the place that could?  Whenever I visit, I am underwhelmed and think that it should be better.  Anyway, on yet another one of my excursions I have tried out Creme.  Now, as I don't live here I applied the classic 'Its busy so it must be good' rule.  Did this pay off?  Read on below.


Outdoor dining and wifi isa plus


Creme is busy.  It has a nice openness to it, is modern, has a bit of character but is ultimately a disappointment.  It is great I guess for people watching, it does have roadside dining which does have its pluses (if the weather is right) and its big browny point is that it offers free wifi. Now maybe that was why it was so busy!



Anyway, the chorizo sausage, poached eggs with toast and tomato sauce was interesting.  Its presentation is original but looks unappealing.  Sadly the poached eggs were over cooked which was a real disappointment. When you order poached eggs you don't want boiled eggs. 


Okay, maybe a bit harsh but they were underwhelming.  Surprisingly, the tomato sauce accompanying the chorizo was actually really good. Too sum up a mixed bag.


Chorizo sausage and poached eggs
The spanish omelet was more of the same.  It didn't look great on the plate and was a bit overcooked. To cut a story short, a disappointment. Now I've just got to figure out why on earth is this place so busy? Maybe I need to live in Port Melbourne to understand.


Spanish omelet
Creme

Creme
Food Type: Western
Telephone: (03) 9646 9994
Address: 70 Bay St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207

Rating: 3 stars
Would I go again: No
Would I recommend to a friend: No
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments