By Korea - Review - Chinatown

By Korea restaurant review, Chinatown, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog By Korea (7 Tattersalls Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000) is a Korean (very surprising) cafe/restaurant in Chinatown.  Definitely not a fine dining venue but is it worth your while for a pleasant work lunch or catching up with friends? Read on...


Happy camper
By Korea is actually part of a chain which is in some ways kind of sad.  However, I won't hold that against them.  Quality and enjoyment are ultimately what matters to me.

By Korea is actually a bit off the beaten track so although it's in Chinatown it's not a place you'll easily come across without trying to find it.




A bit bare but elegance in simplicity
By Korea has to me a bit of a Japanese feel.  I like the simplicity of design while still having a bit of its own character,  Perfectly nice as a lunch venue but probably not hipsterish for some people these days.


The simplicity or dare I say it, elegance comes across in the food.  Hopefully you can tell what I mean by the Japanese feel by looking at the food.  The pricing is very fair given the good quality.  It's not super cheap but again, quality trumps price on some occasions.


I really like By Korea.  I probably wouldn't go there for dinner but I reckon it's a perfect place for a light, very good quality work lunch.  If you like large quantity though, best to go somewhere else or maybe order a side as well.

Keep up to date with all my reviews by Liking Me at:
and catch my photo's on Instagram by following me on Instagram:

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


By Korea

By Korea
Food Type: Korean
Telephone: (03) 9662 9380
Address: 7 Tattersalls Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Great post on "By Korea - Review - Chinatown". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- chef program | lifestyle cooking institutes

    ReplyDelete